• Guest Register
    If you are reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to REGISTER (it's FREE). You will then be able to enjoy all the features of Cruising Earth.

Fire on Carnival Freedom March 2024

bluejay53

Freedom just pulled in to Canaveral with a very sorry looking tail! What happens to the people scheduled to sail out of Canaveral today?

Due to the need to secure the severely damaged tail, the next two cruise aboard the Carnival Freedom on March 25 and March 29 from Port Canaveral have been cancelled.

All upcoming affected passengers will receive a full refund along with a 100% cruise credit for a future cruise within the next year. It's unfortunate these cruisers will lose out on their vacations but Carnival giving them a free future cruise is, in my opinion, an appropriate compensation. There are also additional compensations available from Carnival for airfare reimbursement, and Carnival booked excursion reimbursements etc.

Interestingly, in May 2022, a fire broke out in the funnel of this same Carnival Freedom ship while it was docked in Grand Turk.

So looks like they have a recurring problem! Why did they not investigate it thoroughly for cause. Do their other ships have the same configuration???!!! Glad it did not happen out at sea with people on board.

Back
Ad Blocker Detected - Please Allow Ads On Our Site

It looks like you may be utilizing ad blocking software or another ad filtering technology while visiting Cruising Earth. Certain areas of this site may not work properly because of this, particularly live updates of ship trackers and webcams.

We work hard to strike a balance between content and ads and as a free site we greatly appreciate your support in permitting ads to render. Ads help us cover our server and maintenance costs, which helps us continue to keep this site free to use. You also don't want to miss out on any specials or discounts posted from the Cruise & Travel Industry! For the best site experience please disable your ad blockers for cruisingearth.com, then click the button below. Thank you.

I've Disabled My AdBlocker